The liver is a very important organ in our body. It sits on the right side of our abdomen, just under our ribcage. It is about the size of a football. It plays an important role in digesting food and getting rid of toxic substances in our bodies.
There are many reasons for liver disease. It could be inherited in genes or some factors like viruses, alcohol and obesity can damage the liver. If these problems are neglected over time, it can lead to scarring(cirrhosis), which can lead to liver failure. Liver failure is a life-threatening condition but if it is recognized and treated on time, the liver can get time to heal.
According to an article published, Liver disease can be the next major lifestyle disease of India after diabetes and BP. Some statistics show that:
- Approximately 10 lakh patients with liver cirrhosis are diagnosed in India; Every year.
- As per the World Health Organization, Liver disease is the tenth most common cause of death in India.
- Every one in 5 Indians can be affected by Liver disease.
One can learn about Statistics of Liver Diseases in India in this article,
What are the Symptoms of Liver Disease?
Liver diseases do not always show noticeable and clear signs and symptoms. If it shows, it may include signs like:
- Skin and eyes that appear yellowish (jaundice)
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Swelling in the legs and ankles
- Itchy skin
- Dark urine colour
- Pale stool colour
- Chronic fatigue
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Tendency to bruise easily
When is it a time to see a doctor?
One should see a doctor if any of these signs and symptoms are persistent. Immediate medical attention should be taken if anyone feels extreme abdominal pain that is unbearable.
What are the Causes of Liver Problems?
Liver disease has various causes. Some of them are:
Viruses and parasites can infect the liver. They cause inflammation and reduce the capability of the liver to function properly. These viruses can spread through blood, semen, contaminated food and water in the body or by close contact with an infected person. Three common types of liver infection are:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Immune system abnormality
There are some diseases in which our immune system attacks certain parts of our body. It is called autoimmune. This can affect your liver and cause liver problems like:
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Primary biliary cholangitis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
Our body can inherit an abnormal gene from one or both of our parents that can cause various substances to build up in our liver. This results in liver damage.
Liver diseases caused by Genetic include:
- Wilson’s disease
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Cancer and other growths include liver cancer, Bile duct cancer and Liver adenoma.
Other common causes of Liver diseases include:
- Chronic alcohol abuse
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease
- Certain prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Certain herbal compounds
- Heavy alcohol use
- Type 2 diabetes
- Tattoos or body piercings
- Injecting drugs using shared needles
- Unprotected sex
- Exposure to certain chemicals or toxins
- Family history of liver disease
How to prevent Liver Diseases?
Some lifestyle changes can help us prevent liver diseases:
- Drinking Alcohol in moderation.
- Being choosy about selecting a shop while having tattoos or body piercing as cleanliness and safety plays a very important role.
- Getting vaccinated for Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B.
- Using medications wisely: One should take drugs only when needed and as prescribed by the doctor.
- Take advice from a doctor before starting any herbal supplements too.
- Keeping a check over food
- Washing and cleaning hands thoroughly before preparing and eating foods.
- Protecting the skin: Wear gloves when using insecticides or any other toxic chemicals so that skin does not absorb these chemicals.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight as obesity can lead to nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
Winzera provides Sea Buckthorn Pulp, Tulsi Curcumins Drop and Milk Thistles which can help in taking care of our Liver to protect against any harmful diseases.
Sea buckthorn contributes to a healthy liver. It contains Vitamin E, healthy fats and carotenoids. These nutrients safeguard the liver cells from damage. It also improves liver enzyme levels.
Turmeric oil has a special place in Indian Ayurveda due to its amazing health and beauty benefits. Winzera gets the oil processed using advanced Super Critical CO2 extraction. It is rich in antioxidants and has anti-allergic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal qualities which work like a miracle on your skin and hair. Buy Winzera Sea Buckthorn with Turmeric Oil.
While Tulsi being the “Queen of herbs” is useful in managing hepatitis. Tulsi has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties that undo the damages caused by viruses and free radicals in the liver. Get Winzera Tulsi Curcumin Drops.
Milk Thistles promote cell repair and ease inflammation. An element called silymarin is present in Milk thistle which binds itself to the outer part of the liver and fights off any unwanted toxins that want to enter the liver. Take care of your liver by buying Winzera Milk Thistle.
Note: Winzera doesn’t provide guaranteed results as it’s subject to changes in habits and lifestyle. Products are effective when taken properly with appropriate lifestyle and precautions.